- "If I get through this, I'm going to grill a whole blood ox and eat the entire thing myself."
- —Corvo Attano
Blood Oxen are a type of large and handsome land-based mammal in Dishonored utilized for their milk, meat, and leather.
Blood Oxen are bovine creatures gathered in herds. They have a thick, reddish-grey hide, and a large set of curving horns upon their heads. Unlike other bovine, their teeth are more reminiscent of an omnivore than of those belonging to a true herbivore, with some teeth and even their snouts showing porcine characteristics. They do not appear to have fur or hair on their heads.
- Blood Ox was born in the Chinese Year of the Ox.
- Slaughterhouses on Slaughterhouse Row used to have barges deliver whole herds of blood oxen before the use of whale oil drove the whaling trade into prominence, after which whale meat became more of a main stay.
- In both the Distillery District and near the Legal District Waterfront, there is a short street labeled Bloodox Way named after the beasts.
- Griff's Curio Shop, located in the Distillery District, is at 15 Bloodox Way.
- Jellied ox tongue is a food distinctive of Morley.
- There is a bone charm called the Blood Ox Heart that increases maximum mana by 20%.
- Ox blood was an ingredient suspected to have been mixed with red-wax candles as part of a collection of heretical occult items once found by Overseers on Serkonos.
- Fresh blood ox stew can be found seasonally on the menu at the Hound Pits Pub.
- Blood ox hide is a known support medium for oil paintings; "The Number of Bliss" by the artist Prasha, a missing painting in the art dealer's home, is one such example.
- At the Hound Pits, Emily Kaldwin is served ox milk with sweet biscuits.
- The Heart notes that an Overseer reciting the Seven Strictures focuses not on his words, but on blood ox steak.
- Despite numerous references, a live specimen is never encountered.
- The people who tend to or guard herds of blood oxen are called oxherds. Some of them pasture their herds just outside Dunwall.
- A Brigmore Witch wonders about where she can find the heart of a bloodox.
- ↑ Slaughterhouse Row (Book)
- ↑ Customs and Food of Morley
- ↑ Warning on Corrupted Charms
- ↑ The Heart/Quotes § Emily Kaldwin: "She was bribed with sweet biscuits and ox milk, calmed with stories of magic and seafaring. All to keep her sane in a time of turmoil."
- ↑ The Heart/Quotes § Overseer: "He recites the Seven Strictures, but he is thinking about Blood Ox Steak."
- ↑ The Movements of Corvo Attano
- ↑ Brigmore Witches § Idle Chat: "Where can I find the heart of a bloodox, now that all the farmers are dead from the plague?"
|Blood Ox/AMA with Harvey Smith!||Blood Ox/A little thing I would like to discuss||Blood Ox/Dates of Importance|
|Blood Ox/Made-up Ability||Blood Ox/Navboxing||Blood Ox/The Grand Category Overhaul|
|Blood Ox/Things To Do|
Blood Ox has dedicated his life to the origin of the word "warfare overseers". Once his hair turns white and he passes from this world, the title of the book he was searching so fervently for all his life will be engraved on his tomb stone. PikovajaDama (talk) 18:51, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
Blood Ox spends most of his time running away from the hungry people of Dunwall, who want to make him into Blood Ox Stew. What they don't know is that he is actually luring them into a trap so that he can make make People Stew. Essie Essex (talk) 20:01, September 21, 2013 (UTC)
Blood Ox used to be worshipped as a god by the ancient people of northern Gristol. He still very much regrets losing his followers to the Abbey of the Everyman. TheSweeper (talk) 20:10, May 29, 2014 (UTC)
Blood Ox and Thomas were once best friends who got excited to hear each had been offered a part in the new Dishonored game. That friendship took a turn for the worst when Thomas was offered the lucrative position of one of Daud’s top Whalers, while Ox was offered to be nothing more than a head mounted to a wall. To this day Ox still denies Thomas’s part in the Brigmore Witches DLC, saying the whaler presented there could be anybody. MDGeistMD02 (talk) 19:41, May 15, 2016 (UTC)
He never really figured out why, when he woke up that one morning, he found his tail tied around the ankle of a strange man mumbling in Frisian. Or, for that matter, just how much Orbon rum he drank the night before to turn up like that. The Dark-Eyed One (talk) 08:35, December 27, 2016 (UTC)
Active Users on the Dishonored Wiki