Tyvia is the northernmost island in the Empire of Isles. Its terrain is harsh and its climate is persistently cold. The cities of Tyvia include: Alexin, Caltan, Dabovka, Meya, Samara, Tamarak, and Yaro.
Tyvian culture is one that mixes survivalism and refinement. While Tyvia is cold and boasts a hostile ecosystem, its residents are known to be skilled in the culinary arts. In particular, Tyvian food--such as whale meats and fine wines, are exported all over the Empire, being the domain of both commoner and nobleman alike. Tyvians are not exactly that respected in Gristol. A particular tupe of bone charm is made in Tyvia, created out of walrus tusks.
- Tyvia seems to be based on the countries of Scandinavia and Russia.
- Tyvia also produces a fine red wine, which can be found occasionally on various missions.
- Tyvian poison was used to poison Corvo.
- One of Sokolov's paintings is of an anchored whaling ship with the title "Tyvia".
- Anton Sokolov hails from Tyvia. The heart alludes to this when it states that he has the "manner of a Tyvian swineherd."