This article is about the Loyalist Conspiracy. You may be looking for the mission The Loyalists.
The Loyalist Conspiracy is a small group of disgruntled Dunwall citizens, headed by Admiral Farley Havelock, nobleman Treavor Pendleton, and Overseer Teague Martin. Their long term goal is to overthrow the Lord Regent, Hiram Burrows, and reinstate Emily Kaldwin, the true Empress of the Isles and daughter of the late Empress, Jessamine Kaldwin.the Hound Pits Pub.
Following the assassination of Empress Jessamine Kaldwin and Burrows' rise to power, Admiral Havelock and Lord Pendleton met each other on the steps of Parliament. After a conspiratorial conversation, the two headed to a bar where they met Overseer Teague Martin. Afterward, the three leading members of the Loyalist Conspiracy congregated at the Hound Pits Pub, owned by Havelock, in the quarantined Old Port District. There they gathered their resources (including Pendleton's funds, Martin's connections, and Havelock's staff) and utilized them to put plans to overthrow the Lord Regent into action.
Realizing that Corvo Attano - with his legendary fighting skills and personal vendetta against the Lord Regent - would be an invaluable asset to their cause, they set about preparing to release him from Coldridge Prison.
They commissioned Piero Joplin's services in preparing weapons to be left in the sewers for Corvo, and Martin used his connections to bribe a prison guard into giving Corvo a key to his cell. Despite these preparations, Havelock gave Corvo "odds of 1 in 5" of making a successful escape.
Against Havelock's prediction, Corvo is able to escape and meet boatman Samuel Beechworth at the chosen rendezvous point. However, Martin's treachery is discovered, and he is imprisoned in Holger Square by his fellow Overseers.
Upon Corvo's arrival at the Hound Pits Pub, he can briefly meet with the various occupants of the Hound Pits, including servants Callista Curnow, Lydia Brooklaine, and Wallace Higgins; boatman Samuel Beechworth; and the Conspiracy's founding members. Havelock then charges him with retrieving Martin, whose tactical expertise and personal connections are critical to the success of the Conspiracy. He also tasks Corvo with neutralizing Thaddeus Campbell and procuring the man's blackmail notebook, the book being an extremely useful asset to the Loyalists. In addition to ample blackmail information, in the journal is also written Emily Kaldwin's current location. After Martin is freed, he uses the book to blackmail his way back into the Overseer order and eventually into the position of High Overseer itself.
Pendleton then asks Corvo to eliminate his brothers, Custis and Morgan Pendleton, so their Parliamentary votes may pass to him. While Pendleton makes the request himself for the sake of the gentry's holdings, he is deeply distressed by the loss of his brothers, treating Corvo with contempt when he believes the man has killed them. While seeking the two out at the Golden Cat pleasure house, Corvo also rescues Emily, bringing her to the Hound Pits where Callista takes her on as a charge.
On Havelock's and Martin's orders, Corvo successively abducts Royal Physician, Anton Sokolov, and neutralizes Burrows' financial backer and mistress Lady Boyle. Over the course of these missions, recordings are left by various Conspiracy members - including Piero, Pendleton, and Havelock - expressing their thoughts on the Conspiracy's progress. The tone of some of the entries will differ depending on Corvo's chaos.
As the attack on Burrows draws nearer, Havelock's musings become increasingly apprehensive, pondering the Conspiracy's future and the complications they will face moving into Dunwall Tower.
Following Burrows' elimination, the Conspiracy devolves into chaos. Havelock, Pendleton and Martin, fearing the repercussions of their actions, poison Corvo and betray and murder the other conspirators. They then kidnap Emily to Kingsparrow Island, claiming that Havelock "will take control [of the Empire] until she comes of an age in which she is fit to rule," effectively becoming the new Lord Regent. Corvo is then tasked with eliminating them as he did with all the other assassination targets in order to rescue Emily and put her in her rightful place as Empress.
- Callista Curnow (Alive/Deceased, player determined) - Tutor and caretaker to Emily. Can be killed by Havelock after his betrayal in High chaos.
- Cecelia - Servant at the Hound Pits Pub.
- Farley Havelock (Unknown/Deceased, player determined) - Leader of the Conspiracy and ex-Admiral of the Gristol Navy. Can be killed by Corvo on Kingsparrow island to save Emily, alternatively he can kill himself along with Emily. If spared or neutralized by Corvo, Havelock's fate is unknown in low and high chaos.
- Lydia Brooklaine (Deceased) - Hostess of the Hound Pits Pub. Later killed along with Wallace after Havelock's betrayal.
- Piero Joplin - Inventor and old rival of Anton Sokolov.
- Samuel Beechworth (Alive/Deceased/Unknown, player determined) - Boatman for the Loyalists and ex-sailor under Admiral Havelock. Can be killed by Corvo on Kingsparrow Island. If spared he lives in low chaos, in high chaos his fate is unknown.
- Teague Martin (Unknown/Deceased, player determined) - Head member of the Loyalists and eventual High Overseer. Found dead and poisoned in low chaos presumably by himself or Havelock or can be killed by Corvo or himself in high chaos. If spared, his fate is unknown.
- Treavor Pendleton (Deceased) - Head member of the Loyalists and brother to twins Morgan and Custis Pendleton. Found dead along with Martin in low chaos, presumably poisoned by himself or Havelock or can be killed by presumably Martin's gunshot though Trevor is unsure who really fired the shot by bleeding out or by Corvo. If avoided in High chaos his fate is unknown though with the sheer amounts of blood loss and being critically injured, he is presumably deceased.
- Wallace Higgins (Deceased) - Manservant to Treavor Pendleton. Later killed along with Lydia after Havelock's betrayal.
- According to developer Harvey Smith, Corvo's time with the Loyalists takes place between the Months of High Cold and Hearths.
- ↑ Developer Commentary - Loyalists' first meeting
- ↑ Havelock's Log: Entry One
- ↑ House of Pleasure
- ↑ Pendleton's Family Crisis
- ↑ The Royal Physician
- ↑ Lady Boyle's Last Party
- ↑ Piero Joplin authored pieces
- ↑ Treavor Pendleton authored pieces
- ↑ Havelock's Log
- ↑ Developer Commentary - Corvo and the Loyalists