[Excerpt from a longer work]
Throughout the natural world there are ripples that we can barely perceive with our sense, an Ancient Music permeating everything as a fundamental structural rule. Through it, you can work wonders without violating the natural world or begging favors from unfriendly spirits.
Throughout my studies I have found a 17 note scale derived from this phenomenon, and with the right equipment those notes allow for astonishing effects. Not the least of these is the ability to calm the turbulence originating in the Void which we attribute to the Outsider.
- In Dishonored, this book can be found in the locked workshop in the Back Yard during the mission High Overseer Campbell, and in the apartment at the beginning of Midrow Substation during the mission The Royal Physician.
- In The Corroded Man, this excerpt is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 24.
- In Dishonored 2, the book can be found in multiple locations:
- In Death of the Outsider, the book can be found in the basement of the Royal Conservatory, near the musical torture chairs, during the mission The Stolen Archive.
- The version in Dishonored is slightly different, without the line above the main article.