[Excerpt from a longer work of fiction.]
Spirit of the Deep, Siren of the Dreams.
I walked for hours along the coast, leaving Dunwall behind me until the lament of the waves drowned all other feeling. I wept, knowing you would not come to me, my love.
You rule my dreams, where I behold with senses I do not possess in waking life the dark splendor of your home in the deep. There the ocean rests on your back like a sleeping child on his father's shoulders.
- In Dishonored, two copies of this book can be found in different locations:
- In The Brigmore Witches, it can be found on a lower floor or on the roof of the Brigmore Manor during the mission Delilah's Masterwork.
- A copy can be found during the events of Dishonored 2's tutorial mission, Memories of Training; it is located on a desk underneath the turnbuckle during Emily Kaldwin's crossbow training.
- It is the only book to be found in this mission.
- In The Return of Daud the book is quoted at the beginning of Chapter 10.