Serkonos is the southernmost island of the Empire of the Isles, known for its warm, temperate climate, and vast beaches.
Along with Tyvia, Serkonos was early to join the Empire, leaving Morley as the only hold-out against the Empire's expansion. Originally, Serkonos was ruled by a King, but due to the actions of the Duchy of Aventa, based in Karnaca, the king and his family were ousted in the 1600s during the War of Four Crowns, leading to the Dukes and Duchesses of Serkonos representing the empty throne within the Empire ever since. 
The people of Serkonos are affiliated with the Abbey of the Everyman, in particular the Oracular Order. The first High Oracle from Serkonos placed an oracular chapel there before she was murdered by "agents of the Outsider."
At some point in the history of Serkonos, the Grand Serkonan Canal was built, allowing passage from Gristol and the Northern Isles to Serkonos' Southern Coast. Much of it was funded and built by settlers from Gristol.
It is noted in The Isles of Serkonos that pirates frequently target trading ships traveling from Serkonos to the rest of the Isles. The small archipelago to the east of the island has been the home to said pirates for generations. By 1837, they were attacking whaling trawlers returning to port with large quantities of whale oil.
Serkonos is well known in particular for its cuisine, which consists largely of spiced dishes—travelers to Serkonos often return home with recipes from the island. One known dish, which can be found and consumed throughout Dishonored, is the Serkonan blood sausage. Saggunto Flatbread is also common. The isle also thrives both in fishing and agriculture. The Santiago Fisheries sells throughout the Empire Fermented Redshark, Bluejawed Hagfish Eggs or even Banded Crab. Several varieties of fruits are known to grow on the island. Red and white grapes as well as plantains are common, while the city of Bastillian grows peaches and figs. Lastly, Serkonos is known for its delicacies such as the popular Razina Rosewater Jelly and Padilla Pear Soda, Lazarillo Pickled Salamanders and Candied Beetles, or Serkonan honey cake. Orbon Rum is also a popular strong alcohol.
The nation is perhaps even more noteworthy for its traditional dances, passed down to Serkonan children early in life. They are described as "sensual" by the author of The Isle of Serkonos, and are "copied by the fashionable aristocracy in the capital city of Dunwall."
The island is a frequent destination for travelers from around the Isles; according to The Isles of Serkonos, "a month spent resting beneath the sun of the beaches of Serkonos, or within one of the rural villages, can cure most maladies." The city of Cullero sees the majority of travelers from the Isles, but Karnaca is favored by the elites of the Empire.
Several allusions are made to an abundance of trade between Serkonos and the other nations. At least one Serkonan brand (Cullero Cigars) is seen advertised in Dunwall; a guard in the Dunwall sewers can be heard stereotyping Serkonans as "nothing but merchants and whores"; and a letter found near the Golden Cat notes that the sender has received a position with the Horizon Trading Company in Karnaca, the only such business mentioned in the game.
- Corvo Attano and Daud originally hailed from Serkonos.
- An Old Serkonan poem titled "Death in the Month of Songs" alludes to a "disease from the East" which kills in a matter of months. This may infer some awareness of the rat plague long before it overtook Dunwall.
- Serkonos is an analogue of the countries of southern Europe, such as Italy, Spain, Portugal and Greece. Based on commentary from the developers, some parts of Serkonos, particularly Karnaca, are based off the Caribbean and Latin America (namely Cuba).
- The city of Karnaca has its own special police, called the "Grand Guard". It is part of the military and serves as an equivalent to the City Watch. The Grand Guard is fronted by chosen officers of the Duke.
- Corvo can consume Serkonan grapes and blood sausages to regain health.
- Serkonos' capital, Karnaca, serves as the main setting of Dishonored 2.
- The Parade of Fishmongers and the Gleaners' Feast are two festivals that are known to take place in Serkonos.
- Known dukes and duchesses of Serkonos, all members of the Abele Family, include Lisandra Abele, Mayelin Abele, Cadmus Abele, Theodanis Abele (1775-1847), and Luca Abele (1847-1852).
- At the end of Dishonored 2, if all factions are dealt with in a specific way, Corvo can be appointed Duke of Serkonos by Emily.
- A letter from Daud to an assassin in the Flooded District misspells Serkonos as Serkonas.
- Dishonored Roleplaying Game, p. 164
- Notable Clergy: High Oracle Dalia Somonos
- Developer Commentary – Government
- The Isle of Serkonos
- Luca Abele's role as Duke of Serkonos, revealed on the casting list of Dishonored 2.
- Dishonored: The Corroded Man, p.23
- The Tower of Dunwall
- Death in the Month of Songs
- Meeting Daud
- Developer Commentary – The Duke and the Grand Guard