Incendiary bolts are a type of ammunition for the crossbow and voltaic gun. In Dishonored, Corvo Attano can acquire them by locating the relevant blueprint and purchasing them from Piero Joplin. They may also be looted from projectile launcher booby-traps, fallen tallboys, or ammo stashes. In Dishonored 2 and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider, the protagonists can purchase these bolts from black market shops (with the relevant blueprint or upgrade) or find them around Karnaca.
Incendiary bolts are extremely deadly to both the protagonist and their foes. They are filled with whale oil that ignites to produce intense light and flame for a short duration. Like regular crossbow bolts, incendiary bolts travel in an arc, and can drop short of the target at higher distances.
In Dishonored, Corvo can carry ten of these bolts; in Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider, the protagonist can carry five each.
- Incendiary bolts are a reliable way to guarantee a one-shot kill on most targets. In Dishonored 2, with the Combustion Bolt upgrade and/or the Firestarter bone charm, the radius of the bolt's effect is extended to allow multiple kills with a single shot.
- Nest Keepers in Dishonored 2 are particularly vulnerable to incendiary bolts, as they are one of the few methods to kill a Nest Keeper instantly.
- Moreover, incendiary bolts are very effective against bloodflies and their nests, as hitting a nest will incinerate both the nest itself and the bloodflies in close proximity to it.
- However, some enemies are resistant to incendiary bolts; tallboys in Dishonored and Clockwork Soldiers in Dishonored 2 are both capable of surviving multiple hits.
- When hit with an incendiary bolt, most enemies will writhe and scream in pain, thus attracting attention and making it an unsuitable choice for discreetly eliminating foes.
- Lady Boyle has a unique line when struck with an Incendiary Bolt. She will scream, "No, no...NO! My skin...".
- When used with a crossbow without any upgrades, incendiary bolts will drop steeply in flight, so cautious compensation must be employed when aiming so as to avoid missing and wasting ammunition.
|Incendiary Bolts||600 Coins||Incandescent Paste Blueprint||Unlocks the ability to purchase Incendiary Bolts.|
|Incendiary Bolt||400 Coins||Dispersed Incendiary Release Blueprint||Enables Black Market shops to sell bolts that immolate enemies|
|Combustion Bolt||450 Coins||Incendiary Bolt, Dispersed Incendiary Release Blueprint||Incendiary bolt with wider radius. Immolates multiple enemies.|
Death of the Outsider
|Incendiary Bolt||400 Coins||N/A||Enables Black Market shops to sell bolts that immolate enemies.|
|Charged Shot||700 Coins||N/A||Increases damage and enables various alternate functions.|
Related Bone Charms
Dishonored 2 and Death of the Outsider
- Firestarter — Incendiary Bolt radius is slightly larger.
- Incendiary bolts were made during the time of the rat plague as a way of safely eradicating weepers.
- Tallboys shoot explosive bolts from their bows. Despite this, Corvo loots incendiary bolts from their corpses.
- This also applies to booby-traps.
- Dishonored: The Wyrmwood Deceit, Issue 1
Equipment in Dishonored
Equipment in Dishonored 2