In the Dishonored Wiki, narrative present tense is standard for all articles. Only events that took place prior to the time period covered in the source material will be in narrative past tense.
If you need help understanding Present Tense from Past Tense, or you're just having a blank, it is encouraged to read the guidelines that are written below.
The past tense is a verb tense (or sentence) expressing action, activity, state of being in the past of the current moment (in an absolute tense system), or prior to some other event, whether that is past, present, or future (in a relative tense system).
Present Tense is the tense that may be used to express:
- action at the present
- a state of being
- an occurrence in the (very) near future
- an action that occurred in the past and continues up to the present.
Corvo 'jumped' from a building, 'landed' on the man, and 'killed' him with his knife.
Corvo 'jumps' from a building, 'lands' on the man, and 'kills' him with his knife.
- If an article is written in past tense, the text a user adds should also be written in past tense and vice versa.
- Quotes must be kept in the tense they are written in, regardless of the article's tense.
- Do not change articles to a tense of your choice; leave it as it is unless it is mixed with the two tenses.