Corvo Attano's mask is a device used to conceal his identity, and is constructed of a sturdy material that allows it to serve as conventional armor. Accompanying this, the mask possesses a telescopic function, which enhances Corvo's focus when used.
The mask immediately becomes the terror of Dunwall, with many a guest at "Lady Boyle's Last Party" commenting on how frightening the mask looks, along with how it reminds them of the masked man that has been terrorizing the aristocracy of the city.
- Corvo's mask was originally conceptualised as a gas mask. However, the gas mask was used for Daud's assassins, known as "The Whalers," instead.
- The mask is apparently modelled after a human skull.
- In the third "Tales Of Dunwall" trailer, it is revealed that Corvo's mask design was inspired by a dream Piero had from The Outsider, him having "seen death itself" in the dream.
- The mask has also been created as a collectible item in the Valve game Team Fortress 2.
- The zoom feature can, oddly enough, be used when Corvo isn't wearing it, while at the Hound Pits pub. This is most likely an oversight.
- Despite the mask having three visible magnifying lenses in one eye when it is viewed from the back, the zoom functions cannot be used until bought.
- The blueprints for the optics reveal that the three lenses do not canonically exist until Corvo has purchased the upgrade, making this a developmental oversight.
- Corvo's in-game mask slightly differs from the mask seen on the cover art and in the advertisements. In example, the in game mask has different details such as two brass pieces on the nose and a completely different right eye magnifying lense.