Arkane Studios is a video game developer based in Lyon, France and owned by ZeniMax Media. The studio was founded in 1999 by Raphael Colantonio, its first CEO and creative director, and its first game, Arx Fatalis, was released three years later. Arkane Studios opened an office in Austin, Texas on July 2006. In October 2006, Arkane released another title, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. In 2008, Arkane recruited Harvey Smith as co-creative director. In August 2010, Arkane Studios was acquired by ZeniMax Media. On June 27, 2017, Colantonio announced stepping down from Arkane Studios. Harvey Smith took over the direction of the Austin studio while Colantonio will stay to Lyon to help the first studio transition to new management.
- Arx Fatalis – 2002
- Dark Messiah of Might and Magic – 2006
- Dishonored – 2012
- Dishonored 2 – 2016
- Prey – 2017
- Call of Duty: World at War (Multiplayer maps) – 2008
- KarmaStar (iOS) – 2009
- BioShock 2 (Level design assistance) – 2010
Canceled Video Games
- Arkane Studios was named 2013's "Studio of the Year" by Ben of TheGamerDrive.
- ArkaneStudios.com (official website)
- A message from Raphael Colantonio on bethesda.net
- Prey’s creative director and founder of Arkane Studios, Raphael Colantonio, steps down on rockpapershotgun.com
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|